Saturday, October 20, 2007

Childen's Day



Children's Day was a huge success...

There were thousand pictures I'd love to post, but I decided to get just some of them to make this collage and post it instead of post one by one!

Yesterday I spend most of my day at the kitchen bakering a chocolate cake and filling it with coconut and chocolate. As you can see in one of the pictures above, the cake looked quite okay...ate least for these kids, it looked amazing!!!!

We also gave them some gifts -- they are not the kind of people who get presents all the time...actually, I could say if it wasn't for us, they would never receive toys and clothing...sad reality, isn't it?!

We prepared a small bag full of candies, snacks, chocolate bars, and so on, too. It seemed a lot like Halloween evenings...althought they didn't have to go door-to-door to get all those candies!!!!

I really felt today that I did a good job...not only me, but also my mom and dad...

Actually,my mom is the greatest responsible for all we had today...She has always helped our maid and her kids...Sometimes we even say that she needs grandkids to fullfill her life a bit more...at least to keep her busy!!!

It's hard to imagine how our maid raise these fours kids without their fathers around (that's true...on plural..."fathers"--each of them have a different father). We really try to help, whenever it's possible...

Still, that would be awsome if I had my American nieces and nephews around here today!

2 comments:

Flavinha said...

Oi!
Tá legal seu blog.
Ótima pra treinar meu inglês. Ainda não tenho coragem de responder em inglês, então vai em português mesmo, heheheheh
beijos e boa sorte no novo trabalho

SP said...

Sounds fun and yummy. I want to see a close up picture of you!!