Christmas is coming...and I can't say if I'm ready for it!
Mom didn't want to decorate the tree this year...what makes me feel a bit frustrated...it seems that Xmas is not really coming after all!
In opposite to the American was of celabrating Xmas, we actually open our Xmas gifts on the night of Dec. 24th...at midnight...and not on the Dec. 25th morning...sometimes I'd like to have an "American Xmas" around here...snowing would be included for sure!
When I was younger -- a lot younger I must say-- we used to get together at my uncle's. It used to be great...my whole family together dining and exchanging gifts...There was always an older cousin who dressed as Santa to the kids ( I used to be a smart kid...I usually knew who were our Santa!!! -- which didn't make my Xmas any worse!) and distributed the gifts to everyone...even the grown ups...My grandparents were still alive at this time...I guess that why Xmas became a bit sad to my mom after their death...
This year my mom is even more emotional...she can't stop thinking Bruno won't be here next year for Xmas...I think she should be even more excited to have a great Xmas...but...that's not me, right?!
I just hope she changes her mind and makes a Xmas dinner --at least -- or I'll join my boyfriend's family...they will have a great dinner...and being amoung lots of people during Xmas is what I love the most about this holiday!!!!
I gotta go now...tomorrow will be a looooong day at work!!!!
1 comment:
I hope your Christmas is great too.
Post a Comment