Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Old news

Wow...I can't even tell how long I stayed away from this blog...
My past two weeks were crazy and kept me quite busy!
On the 26th of July classes started to my English language students. The week before we had a whole-week trainning section for new teachers. I felt really confident near my new work-colleagues. I also was the oldest one in the sections...which didn't make me feel any worse...
First week of classes was pretty nice and I realized that teaching is definetely something that I love to do...keeping in touch with new students, their doubts, personal lives (they do bring their personal lives to the class), experiences at work, frustations and happiness...
I'm spending most of my time preparing my classes. Although I have only three groups (of three different levels of English), they keep me very busy!
Also, on the 26th of July, we went to my Uncle's farm about 2 1/2 hours from here. It was my cousin's 1st birthday and, as a tradition in Brazil, his parents gave us a huge party...of course there's nothing we could complain about...having most of my relatives together is something that I enjoy the most. Everybody dressed on tipical costumes (that party's theme was "Junina party" - everybody dresses funny as if we lived in a ranch or something, but it must be funny!)...
People almost didn't recognise me...I was even wearing fake hair...Too bad I haven't got the pictures...but my cousins have. Hope they send me those as soon as possible!!!



Hope you all have a great week...

And...just to mention: IAN...HAPPY (LATE) BIRTHDAY!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey! Make sure you post those pictures-- I bet they are great!

I believe you would be a great teacher that students would love. Teaching is a great calling in life:)

michaelstubbs said...

Sounds like fun. I am glad that you have found a job that you like.

Jangs said...

Wow sounds busy. Fun to read your blog. Good luck with the teaching. Post more pictures!