Friday, February 13, 2009

Dreaming...

Last night I had this weird dream...

I don´t know how many of you are familiar with the Dodds family, from Twin Falls...but one of their kids, Steven, died about 10 years ago...time passed soo fast... and remembering of his death still brings tears to my eyes...

Steve was an amazing guy...one of the cutest ones in High School (the other one I´d rather not mention! :p)...loving...sooooo polite...so friendly....a huge fan of soccer (he was the goalkeeper for the Bruins soccer team)...he had this amazing smile than usually comforted me when I was home sick...first day of school, he was the first person that came to talk to me...and he was wearing the Brazilian nationl soccer team shirt just because someone told him I was Brazilian...he was the first I could eve ask if he had a date for the dance (although I swear that was not for myself!)... 

I have so many good memories of him that still today I find quite hard to believe he has gone...and I have never had the chance to thank him for being such a nice guy...

Well, this is not the first time I dream about him...he comes quite often in my dreams to say hi...and to say that he´s still waiting for the Flamengo shirt I promissed him before I left...I never had the time to buy the shirt and send him...everything was so fast...but, at this time, he spent a little more time with me...For the first time he told me that he hadn´t died...he was still here...and had travelled for some time...but he´s still here...

I woke up this morning really felling his presence...and, as I write this post, I´m tearing apart...

Ten years has passed and there still few good people I can´t forget...I wish I had kept in touch with some of them...and I still hope to see these people once again!

3 comments:

Julie said...

You made me tear up, Cris. You are right, he IS still around, we just can't see him:)

SP said...

I didn't realize how sweet Steve was to you. He is a good guy and was always nice. It is neat to see what an impression he had on you.
I had several dreams about him too after he passed away. I almost wonder if he is coming to say hi to you. The "spirit world" is closer than we realize.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

My name is David Dodds. I'm Steve's younger brother and one of Missy's friends. Missy told me that you had written about Steve on your blog, and I thought I'd read it. I also have had dreams about Steve, and there have been many times when I feel he's around us watching and still influencing our lives. It is always great to learn what an influence for good he was for so many people in high school. He was definitely a great brother, and though his passing was a great tragedy for our family and many others, I can't help but feel grateful that his life and time with us on earth was filled with so many great friends and so many great experiences. I want you to know, and I'm sure Steve would have told you, too that although he has died, he's not gone forever. We'll see him again. Knowing this has brought me a lot of peace, I hope this will also help you to feel peace in your heart, so when you think of Steve and tear up, they will be happy tears.