Saturday, September 5, 2009

New projects

Hi everyone!

Before I start watching the film "The Others" with Nicole Kidman, I decided to post something...People told me that is a good movie...so, I've to give it a try! I'm pretty scared by this kind of movies, so I turned on the lights before pressing play...

Another thing I'd love to share with you...after reading JJ and Rich's (Kiki's???) post...I felt really bad for myself since my little brother is able to sew and I've never touched a sewing machine before...for that reason, I've decided to learn patch-working... would that be too much for someone who can't sew? Well, I'm pretty good at cross stitching...maybe it will work for me, right?

So, that would be lovely if you could share your experience on patch-working...I've already bought a magazine which teaches us how to make wonderful things...but, those kind of magazines are pretty hard to find around here...patch-working is not a Brazilian thing, you know...
I've also found some pretty amazing small projects on the Internet and printed them already...I just can't say whether I'll be able to make them...

I'll try to buy some fabric next week to start...I really want to make an apron for myself and I was trying to find a project of a chef or something related to kitchen so I can print/copy and put it on.

Well, the movie is about to start...

Miss you all!


4 comments:

Julie said...

Soooooo, is the movie scary?? That is great you are trying patchwork-- like patchwork quilts??? If I know you-- you can do whatever you set out to do, and you do a great job!

Unknown said...

I thought I was pretty scary!!! hahahahah
But I also handled it pretty well!!!

michaelstubbs said...

Great movie. Pretty freaky.

I know nothing about sewing in general. Good luck.

Nae said...

That's so cool! I hope that you have fun learning patchwork. I'm sure you'll be great! And did you like the Others? I've never seen it.