Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter sports...

This trip has made me think about many issues in life...and winter sports is one of them!

There is probably a reason for me being born Brazilian... calm down...I'm going to get there..

Bruno and I were discussing what a "typical" Brazilian should be... And here we go:

- Brazilians love soccer...playing and watching
- Brazilians love BBQs and if they could, they would have one every single weekend
- Brazilians in general love going to the beach
- Also, they love Carnival and Samba school parades
- Feijoada and caipirinha are typical dishes/drinks for some reason, right?
- They love soap operas
- and some others I can't remember now...

Since I was born in Brazil...as a "typical" Brazilian, I should suit these "definitions", right? So, let's check the results...

- I like soccer, but I don't watch or play it (unless it's the World Cup and everybody else is doing the same)
- I love BBQs...I would have it every single day (I guess that suits a bit)
- Going to the beach?? Has anybody seen my skin color?
- Carnival, for me, is meant for just one thing: being with family and relaxing..and Samba school parades? Give me a break!
- Feijoada is too heavy for my stomach and caipirinha has too much alcohol.
- Soap operas are cool...not all of them, of course!

If we take into consideration everything I've just written , I was born in the wrong country... do you agree?

Thinking this way, I thought that I may had any skills undeveloped for winter sports... and I was sooooooooo wrong!

After my experience on ice skating, I decided not to give up on trying and went to a skiing mountain resort on Sunday... I knew that learning how to ski wouldn't be the easiest task I had ever tried...but I couldn't just not do it...

After one hour lesson, I learned something really valuable about it: I'm just not into winter sports! How is that possible? Easy question...after one hour of lessons, I just learned that throwing myself into the floor would make me stop for sure...falling was quite fun...if I had just realized how painful that would be on the day after...

Not happy about being all sore, I went swimming yesterday with Bruno...I felt pretty good after swimming...but when I finally arrived home, I really regretted on going swimming... I just can barely move...unless I take two Advil pills...

Just don't think I won't try ice skating or skiing again...just have to feel good again before trying all that...

Tomorrow we're going swimming again...wish me luck!!!

No comments: