January is gone...and I wonder how come the month has passed so fast!!
Last weekend I saw a friend that I met about three years ago...He's from Denmark and was visiting Brazil for the first time...got lost and a friend's mom decided to take him and a friend of him to her house...We actually thought she shouldn't had done that in first place, but they were amazing kids ( they were about 21 years old...can I call them kids still?)...
They spent only two days at my friend's house, but that was enough to keep in touch with them until nowadays.
Well, he's back in Brazil for his winter break and came to visit us...he's still a very sweet kid...and brought with him another friend...
Too bad I didn't have much time to go out with them like the first time...at least I could practice my English a bit (which doesn't mean he understood everything I said...hahahaah). And, he is doing pretty fine with his Spanish/Portuguese ( he learned Spanish last year in Argentina...and tried to understand everything we would say in Portuguese...if he couldn't, we still had the English language to understand each other!!).
I just hope to keep the promisse of visiting him in Denmark next year...
Carnival is coming...and I must say I'm not that excited for it...I feel I need to rest during this 5-days break!!!!
6 years ago
5 comments:
Take me with you to Denmark. I want to see it too.
21 years old, not kids, unless you are one too, no? But if you're talking about me (in my 27th year) then you can say I'm a kid....at heart at least.
Cool. Denmark would be really neat. Cris, I am constantly amazed at how great your English is. I can still remember sweet high school age Cristina-- not speaking very much English getting stuck in Twin Falls! I am so amazed at how well you speak-- you are so gifted.
By the way...did you REALLY rest during Carnival?? Come on!!!
Actually Julie...I did!
My uncle rented a house away from any possible noise...with a great swimming pool, barbacue place, sauna and just in front of the beach, a private beach...I would describe it as paradise if wasn't raining so much during this 5-days break!! :o)
At least I could read a good book!!!
Post a Comment