I really wish to post some pictures of my trip..but I promisse to post them as soon as possible.
But, here we go...there are a lot to post today, though.
First of all, I bet some of you have already heard about my 48-hour trip...still, let me tell you everything about my own perspective..
For the first time I was feeling really calm about trip...I'm usually very anxious about big events...and traveling can be considered a bit event...Xms for itself is also considered a huge event for me...so, traveling for Xmas would be something that could make me lose sleep. But that was not what happened, and I felt oddly calm (I guess I've already mentioned that on my other post).
Leaving Vitoria was a piece of cake. My flight took off just on time...the plane wasn't so crowded...no turbulences...and my luggage weighted only 15 kg (or about 30 pounds). I arrived in Rio about one hour later and took the bus shuttle to the International Airport, where I was supposed to take the plane to Washington,DC . I had plenty of time to get my bag, take the plane and arrive at the other aiport in time for checking in. Well, on the way to the airport, Bruno called me saying that my flight was cancelled...CANCELLED?!?! Yeah...mechanical problems...and there were no way of replacing the passengers to another flight or plane. So, the company sent us to a hotel...13 hours later, we were ready to go...that meant, there were no flights to Montreal from Washington after 8 p.m which was the time we arrived there! So, on the 24th of December I had to spend the night at a hotel paid by the flight company...ALONE! I wasn't really happy about that, but after a 10 hour trip, I was so exhausted that all I want was SLEEPING! Understandable, isn't it?
On the 25th I finally arrived in Montreal...and spent 1 1/2 hours in it..coz we left from the airport straight to New Hampshire!! At least that was the best thing that has happened after all!
We checked in at the hotel about 10 minutes from Missy's house and headed to her house to see them! I'm glad I read the blog often, coz her snowman was still there showing us the way! :o)
Missy and Lyndon couldn't treat us better...they made a delicious Xmas day dinner and my mom and dad felt really comfortable with them and the girls! It's just impossible not to surrender to the girls' smiles! They are extremely cute and sociable!!!
The next day was also an amazing day. Missy and Lyndon guided us to two very nice places for cheese and jam tasting (yummy!!!)...and some other stuff!
Claire and Sydney just did a great job being so nice to us (strange and noisy people)...and it was really hard for all of us to say goodbye.
Bruno has already invited them for a weekend in Montreal with us...and I really hope they could come...
Dad and mom leave tomorrow, but I'm staying until the 18th January!
Well, I guess that's enough for a post, right?!
Hope you all had a great Xmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Merry Christmas to you too! The pictures that Missy has put up show that you all had tons of fun!
I am so jealous MIssy and Lydon got to spend the day with you guys! I wish we weren't so far away. Happy new year!
Post a Comment