I'm still alive from this New Year's Eve... not that Bruno and I are party/night people kind, but we had great fun during the last day of 2009!
Montreal woke up yesterday in a very cool mood (-5 degrees Celsius) and we decided to go walking to Old Montreal, where you can find the biggest outdoor ice skating rink in Montreal. You guys probably know my great ability on winter sports, right?! - maybe Jared and Missy will remember better my experience on ice sliding in 19980 - So, Bruno convinced me on trying ice skating..and since I'm here willing to try everything I wouldn't back home, I did it! Can you guess what happened? I was going quite nice when I had my first fall...what I fall, I must remember!...but I handle myself putting my both hands to soft my falling! I do wonder whether would be better just let myself fall like any other normal person...
You also probably know that the more confident you get, worse the fall is...then, my second fall was really a disaster...I felt on my left arm...Bruno couldn't laugh this time coz he really thought I had broken my arm...fortunately, I just got an injure and fell sore all over my body today... not big deal...
After such adventure, we went back home walking and stopped at a St. Urbain restaurant for lunch (at 2 pm!)... good food...nice price...and a very bad heating system! They also have a great cheesecake!! :o)
For New Year's dinner, Bruno and I had just some salad, "farofa" (a Brazilian dish) and chicken! We were supposed to go out to a pub near here...but, it started snowing and we just watched the fireworks from his balcony...great way of beginning a new year, isn't it??

Hope you all had a fabulous beginning of 2010!!!
And...just to end 2009, here are some of my favorite pictures so far...
4 comments:
Great pictures! looks like fun. Claire is so cute!
The food looks really yummy. I am impressed with your ice skating and I am glad you didn't break your arm:)
That was me (Julie) Not Jangs:)
Fun pictures! I'm glad you had fun when you were ice skating. I think that you haven't really been ice skating until you've had a good fall. :) But I'm glad you're not seriously injured.
Post a Comment