Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cupcakes and more

Have I mentioned I was going to Sao Paulo to visit Bruno and attend a cupcake making course? I was pretty sure I mentioned that on Facebook...whatever...
Let me update you guys a bit...
Going back to school was one of the best decision I took in my life! I've been enjoying it a lot! About two weeks ago I did all the test I was supposed to and in the last week I could finally get my results! 3 A+s, 1 A-, and 2 B+! Isn't that amazing? I'm really proud of myself...specially coz I don't have much time for studying.
Also, two weekends ago (right after my tests), my family and I went to a Polenta Festival in a city about two hours from here. My dad had a blast! But, before going, we had to stop to deliver an order I had of 150 small honey bread (a Brazilian typical bread - (Pão de mel)...mom and I are opening a small company (it will remain at home for awhile)- pictures below:
We decided to work only for new borns, blessings, etc... and, for some reason, that reminds me that Jared and Abby are having their #3! Congratulations!!!!!
About my cupcakes...here they are...


Too bad finding baking cups and cupcake wraps here in Brazil is so difficult and so expensive! :(
But...I'll try making some more cupcakes this afternoon anyway!! 

8 comments:

Julie said...

Those are amazing!!!! That is so exciting. I saw your facebook entry and thought it said something about honey-- but it was in Portuguese so I didn't quite get it:) You are amazing, Cris!

Can you find a company on the internet that sells baking supplies from the US?

Unknown said...

Hey Julie,
Well...I've already found some stores in the US and Canada for buying cupcake supplies. A friend of mine is in Toronto right now and will be back by November. So, I ordered a good number of baking cups and she'll bring it to me! The good thing is...buying the same stuff here in Brazil would cost me almost double the price + shipping...so, I do believe I did a great deal!

wendys said...

They look great!

Jared Stubbs said...

Those look good! Awesome about the business.

michaelstubbs said...

Wow. You do fine work.

SP said...

you are such an artist!!!! You are really amazing. Good luck with the business! I bet it takes off!!

Nae said...

WOW!!! I don't know if I could eat those...they're just too cool! I'd feel like a vandal or something.

Jangs said...

Wow I am so impressed. Those are pieces of art. How great!!