Honestly, everything is back on normal...working...and working...occasional hanging outs...few exercising on my bike...and lots of rain!
Carnival was by the middle of February...we, as usual, stayed in Guarapari with my mom's family. I really enjoy being with them...but, this year I had some friends staying near my place, so I could enjoy it a bit more...it was awesome!
After Carnival, back to work! Fewer groups this semester...but I like doing my job with perfection, so it takes me awhile to prepare everything for my students. Also, we are working on a new project at school which is called "Cultura Experience" (Cultura Inglesa is the name of our school). It's about having English in real life...in other words, all staff members are supposed to speak English all the time with students, clients, parents and among each other. We know how difficult it is to learn a new language...and, if you don't really see a use of the language, you can feel that there is no progress on your learning...The problem is: not all staff members speak fluent English...at least the secretaries don't! So, in the past two weeks, my boss asked me to me in charge of training the secretaries to speak some English...of course, learning English in two weeks is IMPOSSIBLE! But that training just included some chunks , common expressions for costumer service, greetings, etc...while they keep studying at the regular course...
Well, I guess that's all! Hope I didn't forget telling anything!!!!
6 comments:
Sounds like it will be challenging, but worth it. That is the best way to learn right? That or get stuck in the middle of Twin Falls ID with a bunch of crazy people!!
Cool! Yeah...learning English in two weeks would be seriously crazy, but I totally agree with using the language you're learning as much as possible. Way to go!
Wow, sound pretty challenging but fun.
You sound busy. Fun to hear from you.
you'd be a fun teacher to have. Lucky people.
Two weeks! Here's the most important phrase in the English language:
Where's the bathroom?
Post a Comment